I love... (Day 12)
Twelve Places I love (in no particular order)
12. Knoxville/Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - When I was living at home, it was always such a treat to go to any one of these places (they are all very close, in case you're not familiar with Tennessee geography). There is always something to do, whether you wanted to experience "big city", stay in a cabin, or go-kart ride.
11. Cornell University's campus, Wegmans, Stewart Park, and College Town Bagels (CTB) in Ithaca, New York - I loved my time in Ithaca. It was seriously one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
10. Downtown Bristol, Tennessee/Virginia - My hometown. This place will always hold a special place in my heart. There are so many memories, it would probably take 237 blog posts (and then you would probably be very bored).
9. The orange grove in the Women's Plaza of Honor on University of Arizona's campus in Tucson, Arizona - Just plain lovely.
8. The River-Walk in San Antonio - I loved the River Walk. It was just so darn cute.
7. Long Island, New York - I basically love the whole island. Much of my family still lives here and I always love visiting.
6. The Whole Foods in Little Rock, Arkansas - Two words. Sample Heaven. While en route to Arizona, we stopped in Whole Foods for some driving food. I think they had about 45 samples. And I am one of those annoying people that tries every single one
5. Balboa Park, San Diego California - One of my favorite 5k races was through this park. It was a picturesque Thanksgiving day with perfect weather.
4. Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans Louisiana - I'm not a doughnut eater. At. All. As far as I can remember I've never eaten a doughnut (yes, I've had a bite or two to know that I don't like them). The smell grosses me out. BUT, I had one bite of these beignets and fell in love. Granted, it's not really a doughnut, but it's pretty close. I would love to go back to this place for beignets and chicory coffee.
3. Boone, North Carolina - Boone is a teeny town about an hour from my hometown. It's kind of a hippie town, which makes me love it even more. Plus, one of my favorite hikes ever is very close to Boone.
2. Asheville, North Carolina - The Biltmore, The Grove Park Inn, a beautiful downtown. I think I've talked about my love for Asheville many times on the blog. It's such a wonderful little city with loads of charm. I'm determined to live there one day.
1. Lake Tahoe in California and Nevada - I once took a river boat cruise on Lake Tahoe and it was breathtaking. The Lake is so big and blue and clear, I just love it.